Wednesday, July 27, 2011

How it all began...

A lot of people ask me how I started drawing on shoes. Well, it all started about a year ago in the month of May. I attended a TOMS "Heart & Soul" festival with my friends at a sister church. There was music, food, and of course, shoe decorating! The church announced that whoever decorated the most creative-looking shoe would win a giant prize! I decided to enter the contest, and decorated a pair of white TOMS. On the TOMS I drew a boy and a girl sitting in a field playing "he/she loves me, he/she loves me not." Soon enough, I discovered that many people liked my shoes! I ended up winning the prize that day, and from then on, whenever I wear my winning pair, people become inspired and ask me to decorate their shoes. It's such a relaxing pastime and I enjoy every second of it!
Here are some recent pictures I took of my original decorated TOMS (sorry, they're a little old & dirty now...):




As you probably have noticed, I got a little lazy with the coloring-- especially in the lines! But I learned to be more careful hahaha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment